don't postpone joy

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

here and now

I know that I have the power to choose my life. I create the context into which my life goes. Some days I KNOW what it is I'm doing, and others, I listen to something else, something I know is not reality, and in those moments I am resigned. If the little voice in my head isn't really me, then who is it really?
Of course we all have it. Yours is talking right now...
"I don't have one of those, really"
"MY voice really IS me"
"huh. I wonder..."
"I've got my little voice in check"
"yeah, that little SOB made me not work out yesterday"
"I wonder who she is"
"I know better than any voice"
...and so on...

More and more, lately, I have walked through a space. Great space. Free space. Abundance. How it feels is like when you're swimming in a lake and you come to a cold spot. As soon as you realize the cold spot exists, you stop and feel it, then you inch your way around, trying to see how far the cold spot extends. Before you know it, you're out of the cold spot, and can't find where it was. And then, you feel around with your foot, trying to find the elusive cold spot again. I don't know about you, but I never seem to find it again. The same is true with that "space," which, to me, is living in the moment. Many don't even realize what living in the moment entails. What it is, is, coming upon life without ANY preconceived notion or biases, enjoying the ability to just "BE." Once we realize how great it is to BE, we feel around, the voice shows up and has us feel around to find the boundaries, and once that happens, the moment is over. Then we spend time trying to get back into the cold spot of that old moment, not realizing that THIS is now the moment. and this. and this. and this. The past was the moment when it happened, and the future never actually arrives. It is going on all the time. We are in it now. The past AND the future is this. right here. right now.

2 Comments:

At 13 December, 2005 14:35, Blogger Kurt said...

I think Rob is right in his comment, but may be missing a little bit of the point. I don't think it is easy to make special moments but instead try to recognize every moment for being special. And a gift made only for you.
This is a hard concept to describe or put into words. But I think you have found a great way to do it.

 
At 14 December, 2005 07:51, Blogger Unknown said...

I had a special moment Saturday evening. It was wonderful and it doesnt happen often enough for moi. I did however throw caution to the wind and drive home with a major buzz..that is so not me,but I did it. I had no choice, I was two hours from home and there wasnt anywhere to get a room that wouldnt of cost me a couple hundred large. I thank god that we made it home safe and in one piece. And I vowed to never do it again since I probably used up my last "freebie" on the driving drunk thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home